I got a Polyvore account sometime back. Now, most of you know, I’m no fashionista. I have very little knowledge of modern styles or how to make myself look good in them. I got Polyvore just for the fun of making collages. 😉
I’m still not very good at it but here is what I’ve made so far:
I know this one’s very simple, but I had fun with it. It was my first Polyvore set.
Based on “If My Heart was a House” by Owl City… I tried to incorporate details from the song but couldn’t find everything I wanted. Still, anyway. 🙂
This was very spur-of-the-moment— I was demonstrating Polyvore to Amanda and was trying to think of a topic, and she said “Coffee” and this is what came of it. 😉
Okay. Now about Etsy ideas.
I’m thinking about opening a separate Etsy shop exclusively for my doll clothes and leaving the other one up for other items. I’m also wanting to do some “series”, perhaps seasonal collections or series based on movie costumes. Here are some ideas I had:
* Lucy Pevensie’s wardrobe from the Walden Narnia films (maybe Susan’s too, eventually, but I’m not sure)
* Princess Bride costumes (that would be a challenge)
* Disney Princess outfits (not just the main ones… also one’s like Belle’s blue pinafore dress and things like that)
* an exclusive Regency/Jane Austen collection
* seasonal collections (spring, summer, fall, winter)
PLEASE, do you have any other ideas that would be nice for doll clothes? Maybe ask little friends of yours that play with American Girl dolls… what kind of outfits they’d like to have for their dolls. I might not take everyone’s ideas (it all depends on if I can find the right fabrics and can copy the look, you know 😉 ) but the more ideas I have, the better knowledge I’ll have of what people like. 🙂