Success!!!

Last night, I finished the “Kittens” project and this morning, I set to work on getting rid of that nasty yellow stain. I chose to do what Sabine had suggested first–got out a bath towel, laid the kitty on it, wet the stain with a warm and wet facecloth, tamped it with dish soap, stretched it out in a cross-stitch hoop, and ran boiling water over it. Guess what?

THE STAIN CAME ALL THE WAY OUT!!!! No trace left!!!

So thank you, Sabine, for your awesome suggestion!!

Here are pictures of the completed project, which I am planning to enter in the fair tomorrow. πŸ™‚

******
***
Advertisements

7 thoughts on “Success!!!

  1. That's adorable! I'm so glad the stain came out. I hope you win a prize. I made a filet crochet runner with butterflies on it when I was a newlywed (about 35 years ago!) and I use it frequently still. It is on a piece of furniture in my living room right now, in fact.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s